IR Information(IR情報) 2006/9/8
Notice Regarding the Purchase of Treasury Stock
Meitec Corporation announced that it has repurchased a portion of its own shares from the market in accordance with the provisions of Article 156 and Article 165, paragraph 3, of the Company law. Details of the share repurchase are as follows:
1. Class of shares: Common stock
2. Period of repurchase: Between August 30, 2006 and September 7, 2006
3. Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 166,800 shares
4. Aggregate repurchase amount: 630,247,000 yen
5. Method of repurchase: Shares were repurchased on the Tokyo Stock Exchange
1) The following details were resolved at the Board of Directors meeting held on July 25, 2006:
･Class of shares: Common stock
・Aggregate number of repurchased shares: Up to 1,275,000 shares
・Aggregate repurchase amount: Up to 2,550 million yen
2) Cumulative total of shares repurchased since the July 25, 2006 Board of Directors resolution through today:
・Aggregate number of shares repurchased: 664,000 shares
・Aggregate repurchase amount: 2,549,737,000 yen
1) The number of shares issued and treasury stock as of August 31, 2006:
・Total number of shares issued (excluding treasury stock): 36,001,560 shares
・Treasury stock: 840,295 shares
In accordance with the provisions of Article 156 and Article 165, paragraph 3, of the Company law and the resolution at the Board of Directors meeting held on July 25, 2006, the purchase of the treasury stock was completed on September 7, 2005.
Purchase of the Treasury Stock at this time is according to the announcement dated May 10, 2006. And the amounts correspond to the acquisition planed for the first half of the fiscal year ending March 2007 (50% of the planned amount for the entire fiscal year at upper limit of 5,100 million yen). These stocks will be retired during current fiscal year.
Decision of whether to purchase remaining 50% planned for the second half of the fiscal year will be made after considering the future needs for the fund at that time.